Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MTA Formally Bans Defecating On Subways

Collapse

DiscussionPage Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • MTA Formally Bans Defecating On Subways

    https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/09...cLLe1i9Rt5wBtk


    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)
    — The MTA is enacting new rules that will make it harder for homeless individuals to take refuge in the subway system, but transit officials say it’s to minimize public health risks.

    Riders have the right to a clean, safe trip on the subway, so the MTA formally adopted a ban on defecating on subways, buses and transit facilities.

    Violators could face a $100 fine enforced by MTA Police.

    It was adopted as part of a long list of rules changes that are generally aimed at keeping homeless individuals from living in the subways during the COVID pandemic.

    “The rules are targeted at minimizing health risks to our customers and employees, every customer in the system,” MTA chairman Pat Foye said.

    The rules apply to buses, subways, Metro-North and the Long Island Rail Road.

    They set a 90-minute limit on the amount of time a person can stay in a platform shelter or use a bench or chair in the station or terminal, prohibit smoking of e-cigarettes, and prohibit shopping carts and wheeled carts greater than 30 inches in length.

    Homeless advocates reacted angrily.

    “While citing safety as a motivator, policies such as the ones approved today by the MTA disregard and jeopardize the health and well-being of people experiencing homelessness,” said Aine Duggan, of the Partnership for the Homeless.

    “I just wanna know what you say to homeless advocates who say that this is criminalizing homelessness?” CBS2 political reporter Marcia Kramer asked.

    “No, it’s not criminalizing homelessness,” Foye said. “This is about minimizing public health [risk] during a pandemic.”

    Riders had this to say.

    “I think they should take them out of the trains because of the rest of us, for our safety,” one person said.

    “Look, I don’t want to see somebody defecate on the subway, but I also think that public restrooms are not readily available,” another person said.

    “I’d like to see their plan for enforcing them,” one man said.

    All this comes as the MTA is in the middle of a financial crisis and considering raising fares and tolls, plus painful service cuts if no aid comes from the federal government.

    You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York
    לפעמים אני חושב שמלחמה היא דרכו של אלוהים ללמוד אותנו גיאוגרפיה

  • #2
    Originally posted by Scorpio13 View Post
    https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/09...cLLe1i9Rt5wBtk


    NEW YORK (CBSNewYork)
    — The MTA is enacting new rules that will make it harder for homeless individuals to take refuge in the subway system, but transit officials say it’s to minimize public health risks.

    Riders have the right to a clean, safe trip on the subway, so the MTA formally adopted a ban on defecating on subways, buses and transit facilities.

    Violators could face a $100 fine enforced by MTA Police.

    It was adopted as part of a long list of rules changes that are generally aimed at keeping homeless individuals from living in the subways during the COVID pandemic.

    “The rules are targeted at minimizing health risks to our customers and employees, every customer in the system,” MTA chairman Pat Foye said.

    The rules apply to buses, subways, Metro-North and the Long Island Rail Road.

    They set a 90-minute limit on the amount of time a person can stay in a platform shelter or use a bench or chair in the station or terminal, prohibit smoking of e-cigarettes, and prohibit shopping carts and wheeled carts greater than 30 inches in length.

    Homeless advocates reacted angrily.

    “While citing safety as a motivator, policies such as the ones approved today by the MTA disregard and jeopardize the health and well-being of people experiencing homelessness,” said Aine Duggan, of the Partnership for the Homeless.

    “I just wanna know what you say to homeless advocates who say that this is criminalizing homelessness?” CBS2 political reporter Marcia Kramer asked.

    “No, it’s not criminalizing homelessness,” Foye said. “This is about minimizing public health [risk] during a pandemic.”

    Riders had this to say.

    “I think they should take them out of the trains because of the rest of us, for our safety,” one person said.

    “Look, I don’t want to see somebody defecate on the subway, but I also think that public restrooms are not readily available,” another person said.

    “I’d like to see their plan for enforcing them,” one man said.

    All this comes as the MTA is in the middle of a financial crisis and considering raising fares and tolls, plus painful service cuts if no aid comes from the federal government.

    You can get the latest news, sports and weather on our brand new CBS New York
    This is the most important and hot news to be posted in Russian spoken aviation bbs, doesn't it?
    "Прежде чем открыть огонь - оглянись!"
    А.В. Ворожейкин "Сильнее смерти", стр 9.
    "<...>не нужны маркеры противника парням в военном небе Великой Отечественной.
    Послюнявили химический карандаш. Пунктиром отметили маршрут на карте. И вперёд!"
    © DEDA

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DogEater View Post

      This is the most important and hot news to be posted in Russian spoken aviation bbs, doesn't it?
      Хм ???? Я в следующий раз обязательно с вами посоветуюсь какую новость разместить (на самом деле нет, но я очень воспитанный и сразу по известному адресу не посылаю)
      לפעמים אני חושב שמלחמה היא דרכו של אלוהים ללמוד אותנו גיאוגרפיה

      Comment


      • #4
        Мы тут админник наметили. Надеюсь, до карантина успеем.

        Пора вас обоих за один чайник сажать.
        Валентин "CoValent" Логинов

        Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum (с) Marcus Tullius Cicero

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CoValent View Post
          Мы тут админник наметили. Надеюсь, до карантина успеем.

          Пора вас обоих за один чайник сажать.
          Когда, говоришь, у "сухого" днюха?
          "Прежде чем открыть огонь - оглянись!"
          А.В. Ворожейкин "Сильнее смерти", стр 9.
          "<...>не нужны маркеры противника парням в военном небе Великой Отечественной.
          Послюнявили химический карандаш. Пунктиром отметили маршрут на карте. И вперёд!"
          © DEDA

          Comment


          • #6
            Удивительно, хочется спросить - а что, раньше можно было это делать в метро ?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DogEater View Post

              Когда, говоришь, у "сухого" днюха?
              1 ноября.
              Валентин "CoValent" Логинов

              Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum (с) Marcus Tullius Cicero

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by xubuntu_user View Post
                Удивительно, хочется спросить - а что, раньше можно было это делать в метро ?
                Получается так. Жаль, что мы не знали - а то можно было бы метнуться туда, "отметиться", так сказать.
                Валентин "CoValent" Логинов

                Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum (с) Marcus Tullius Cicero

                Comment

                Working...
                X
                Яндекс.Метрика